Re: Home Lan with D-Link DI-604

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 07:06:02PM -0300, Carlos Alberto Alves wrote:
Hi people!
I would like to see your opinion on this matter. I am running a home lan with two computers, one ASUS MB K8-VX SE and another K8-VX, both onboard lan, FC6 and a radio connection with a D-Link DI-604 broadband ethernet router. Both computers can access internet at the same time smoothly, but they cannot see each other's shared folders. NETFS, Network, NFS, NFSLOCK and PORTMAP services are all up and running. Even if I disable guarddog firewall on both computers, I still cannot see shared folders.
Any hints on how to setup NFS???

I am currently using a D-Link DI-604 at this moment on my home network of
five machines. (Mac G3 OSX 10.3; FC6; F7t4*2; XPpro) and have no problems
with any of the machines seeing any of the others.

The one thing I had to do to on the FC6 box was to add an IPTables rule to
let local LAN traffic be accepted.

iptables -I INPUT -s <10.11.12.0/24>* -j ACCEPT

the <ip>* should be replaced with your local LAN network number (no angle brackets). This lets the NFS packets travel freely on the LAN and no exposure
on the Internet.  Otherwise, on FC6, I found that there was no NFS access.

HTH
Wolfe

Hi Wolfe!
Despite the fact that I can only set firewall rules in a graphical interface, I disabled guarddog firewall rules and still could not see shared folders. :(
* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                *
* mailto:drcaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             *