Re: problem with 1680x1050 resolution

On 4/29/07, Phil <plabonte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for your help.. however I have had too many problems with Fedora
recently for fundamentally easy things and Ubuntu was no better... I know
there are fixes for these issues but I just do not have the time to spend
two days trying to get my 22" monitor to work...when in Windows it works in
about 15 seconds... I will keep using Fedora however it will be in a VM
machine under windows for now...

I have had monitor resolution issues before and the two things that I do are:
- make sure you are not going through a KVM switch
- delete (or move) xorg.conf and let it get autogenerated on X startup
(now) or using X -configure (in the past)

That has solved my problems every time so far. YMMV.

/Mike