RE: FC6 grub problem...

> And how do I change the grub.conf from the grub prompt?

> I have used knoppix but it wont let me edit the grub.conf file…

The easiest way is using FC6 install disk.

Boot with it, and type

linux rescue

at the prompt.

Configure the keyboard, and there is no need to activate the network.

Then type:

chroot /mnt/sysimage

After that you can edit any file you want, for instance,

/etc/grub.conf

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ