Re: how to mount a cd-rw/dvd-rom drive

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 11:42 -0500, Scott Berry wrote:
> What I found out is that the other cd drive in the computer was causing
> havoc so I went ahead and unplugged it as my Dad could only use this one now
> because it reads everything.  Thanks for the help.

That's not unusual.  There are some things that do not work well in
combination, or only in certain configurations.

I had the misfortune of having a CD burner which did something that
forever caused grief on the IDE bus as its way of checking the status of
the tray.  If there was no disc in the tray, it'd do something every now
and then to see if one was, then, in the tray.  Even after you put a
disc in, it'd still do something similar.

Since it shared a bus with the hard drive, that caused even more
problems than it would just by itself.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.