Re: Can no longer use my USB mouse with my laptop

Ed Greshko wrote:
> If I give you a car and you take it to a mechanic and have it modified then
> it starts acting strange where will you take it to have it looked at or
> fixed?  Will you take it back to me or to the mechanic?

It depends on what broke.  If what's broke wasn't modified, then I feel
justified in asking you!

> Your vendor supplied you with a modified kernel.  You need to ask your
> vendor any and all questions regarding their software.

All I'm doing here is asking if this message is specific to the generic
Fedora Kernel or not!  People sure are going out of their way to avoid
saying yes or no.

Please tell me how my question differs from all of the very useful help
people get using the nVidia proprietary video drivers) which I also use
on my desktop machine).

> And, please name your vendor.

Not until I can find out if this problem exists in the generic Fedora
Kernels!  I'm guessing that this broke between 2.6.19 and 2.6.20, but
until I'm sure, is it too much to just ASK?

> Or, after going to google, one finds the source of kernel you are using is
> to be found at http://mhensler.de/swsusp/ and you can send him email at
> matthias@xxxxxxxxxxx for help.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but I'll go through my vendor before I bother him.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx