Re: Looking for GNOME language bar (?): Want to switch input language quickly

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Matthias Kredler wrote:
When installing Fedora 7, I included language support for
English and Japanese. It seems to me that the required
package for Japanese is there, since Japanese web sites
are displayed.

My problem is the following: I would like to have something
like a language bar in GNOME so that I can change
quickly from inputting English text to inputting Japanese
characters in one session without having to re-boot. I
believe that I saw some language bar with customizable
keyboard shortcuts to do just that in Fedora Core 6 on
friends machine, but I couldn't find any reference to
something like this in the Fedora 7 support and when
searching the web.

Any suggestions would be great!

You would need to install SCIM and its frontend depending on the desktop environment you are using. Also the discussions in https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-April/msg00376.html might be interesting to you.

Rahul

Simply type:
yum groupinstall japanese-support

Then relogin to your desktop. Run "im-chooser" to be sure that SCIM is launched.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx