Re: logger for cron job

Tim <ignored_mailbox <at> yahoo.com.au> writes:

> > /etc/cron.hourly/feeds-on-feeds:
> >
> > /etc/cron.hourly/feeds-on-feeds: line 1: /usr/local/bin/GET: No such file or
> > directory
>
> Re-write the script to use your GET, or put a GET where it's looking for
> one.

Meaning just "mkdir /usr/local/bin/GET" , as one option?  I'd considered that,
but was hesitant to muck with directory structure like that.

> > I think that I actually want to run
> > /var/www/html/feedonfeeds-0.1.9/update-quiet.php
>
>  From what I can gather, that looks like you can use the script on your
> local server (where you read the collected feeds), to do an update on
> demand, rather than wait for the next scheduled thing, just by going to
> that page through your web browser.  The cron job uses the same script,
> you just don't see what it's doing as it's doing it.

So why does the cronjob example on the webpage have a URL in it, then?  I
suppose to answer that the script would would have to be examined.  I've looked
at the script, it's fairly short, but wasn't enlightening.

thanks,

Thufir