Re: Can't upgrade to FC6 from FC4

On 4/25/07, Jim Lowman <jmlowman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The install is dying when I try to upgrade from FC4 to
FC6 on my AMD64 3400+ machine.  It freezes just after
identifying the video card, which is a nVidia GeForce
6600.

Everything was running fine with FC4.  I thought the
Audigy Sound Blaster card might be the problem and
pulled it, but no joy.  I have tried to install both
the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of FC6 with the same
result.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...Jim

The sound card should not cause you problems during install. Have you
tried "linux text" install? You can install the proper Nvidia driver
at a later time.