Re: block cdrecorder Konquerer

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 21:25 -0400, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:33:05 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 17:22 -0400, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> >> Ok FC4 with KDE, whenever I insert a CD, a "cdrecorder Konquerer"
> >> window pops up.  How can I prevent this?  It is rarely what
> >> I want.
> >
> > What do you want it to do?  By default, the insertion of CD (or any
> > other media that the system can see was changed without user help)
> > will bring up some sort of browser so you can see what's on it.  In KDE,
> > it brings up Konqueror.  In Gnome, it brings up Nautilus.  If the media
> > is a blank CD or DVD, then the media will be "handed" to cdrecorder so
> > you can burn stuff on it if you wish.
> >
> > This is tunable in the preferences.  Under KDE, go to the Control Center
> > and select "Peripherals->Storage Media".  In there, you can select the
> > various media types and what you want to have happen when that media is
> > seen.
> >
> Thanks for your suggestion.  As root, I selected a lot of big red
> X's, and now, when I am root and put in a CD, it does exactly what
> I want: nothing.  I then logged in as a user, and did the same thing.
> But the big red X's had no effect, and the window still pops when
> I put in a CD. For a user, it also pops a window that says "Access
> denied to /media/cdrecorder."  I would prefer that neither window
> appear.  The disk is not blank, it is an iso9660.

The changes you made in control panel as root will only affect root.
It's a user-specific preference--even though it doesn't appear as such.

At least Gnome (for all its faults) does group such things under a
"Preferences" header (which sounds user-specific) rather than "Control
Center" (which sounds global--at least to me).

> Thanks again for your thoughts.

"That's what we're here for!" (c)2007, Fedora List  (that's a joke,
gang!  No flames!)

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
-     Veni, Vidi, VISA:  I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.     -