Re: ATRPMS dependencies conflict

On 24/04/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 04:31:41PM +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> On 4/24/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> I am having the following dependencies problem with ATRPMS update:
> >>
> >> «Transaction Check Error:
> >>  file /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0.0.0 from install of
> >> libmp3lame0-3.97-15.fc6.at conflicts with file from package
> >> libmp3lame-3.96.1-4
> >>
> >> Error Summary»
> >>
> >> Any ideas?

> >If not file a bug against bugzilla.atrpms.net with some more details
> >like yum config (or whatever devsolver sou used) and the full
> >interaction log, e..g both the command you used and all the output you
> >received, not only the summary.
>
> Ok, Axel. Maybe the following may be useful:

Yes, it is, and it looks like "the other" package comes from
freshrpms <murmling some rant about repos dropping repotags>.

So it's a compatibility bug between freshrpms and atrpms. Since both
share the same bugzilla even more so a reason to file a bug report.

Hi Axel, I may be wrong, but looking at this section of the OPs report:

libmp3lame0-3.97-15.fc6.at conflicts with file from package
libmp3lame-3.96.1-4

it seems that the freshrpms package is called "libmp3lame0" and not
"libmp3lame" - so I don't think it's a repo tagging issue - there's
two differently named packages which contain the same file. No?

Jonathan.