Re: core 6 issues

On 4/23/07, JJ JJ <jj28h@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys,
I'd like to ask you a couple of things regarding my core 6 install.
How do I shut it down? I mean, completely power off?
Rebooting is not a problem, but when I choose shutdown, it stops everything,
and then says "system halted" and that's it. I believe it even puts to sleep
the hard drive, but the computer is still on.
What should I do?

For now, push the power button. You need to have the proper kernel
configuration for your hardware. Since you make no mention of what you
have there is not much we can tell you.

The second one is about VmWare, during the install it can't find the kernel
c headers, and I have no idea where they are. Where are they?

You need to install the kernel-devel package.

By the way, I have the 64 version for pc.

Insufficient data. You can do better. Use "uname -a" from command
line/terminal.

Many many thanks!
Jessica