Re: OT: VPS: Hosting providers? How it's done?

At 7:43 PM -0400 4/23/07, Mauriat M wrote:
>On 4/23/07, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I use a company called powervps - I think they're a spin-off from
>> defender hosting.  I *think* that I can use a custom kernel, they're
>> using VZ, we're running CentOS, & I set up firewall + apf without much
>> trouble.  Their support has been pretty decent thus far (going on two
>> years with them).
>>
>> Chris
>
>Out of curiousity:
>Which kernel RPM is installed ? 'rpm -q kernel'
>What is there in '/boot' or '/initrd' ?
>How many modules are available '/lib/modules' ?
>Can you see what modules you have loaded? '/sbin/lsmod' ?

Heh.  All good questions for a Virtuozzo server, and I expect the answer is
"no":  no kernel RPM, empty /boot, no modules.  I'll be interested if it is
otherwise.

For a bit there I couldn't even connect to powervps.com, though I could
ping them.  They're back now, and they do use Virtuozzo.