Re: libsndfile 1.0.17 unable to write file in FC6. SELinux??? Solved, not SELinux, package configuration.

On 23/04/07, stan wrote:

And mystery solved.  At configuration, libsndfile checks
for flac.  It it isn't there, it puts in a stub that returns an error.
Libsndfile just returns a null pointer in this case so there is no
indication of what is wrong. The maintainer of the
libsndfile package doesn't have flac installed on the machine they
compile on. That's why it worked when I compiled on my machine where
flac is installed.

Then that is a missing "BuildRequires: flac-devel" in the Fedora
Extras 6 package. Can you please submit a bug report about your
problem at http://bugzilla.redhat.com