USB Flash Drives in Fedora 7 Read Only

Runinng F7 Test 3 and found that USB drives when inserted are read-only. The way I had corrected this was to create an entry in FSTAB; but I thought that this was suppose to be handled automatically...

I have a FC6 system and don't have any entries in FSTAB and it works correctly.

Does anyone know what might be going on, or is this a bug?

Thanks!