can't start X11 consolehelper apps on remote SSH server

I'm SSH'ing into a remote server. X11 Forwarding appears to be working fine, as does sudo. For instance:

[box_a]$ ssh -X box_b
Last login: Sun Apr 22 11:22:39 2007 from box_a
[box_b]$ sudo xev

And the X11 event tester pops up right away, running as root.

However, when I try to run virt-manager or system-config-lvm, I get an error:

[box_b]$ sudo virt-manager
The application 'virt-manager.py ' lost its connection to the display localhost:10.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the application.

I'm thinking that an RPM install failed or I don't have an RPM I need. Any guesses which one it might be? Is this perhaps a consolehelper problem?

Additional Information:
* box_b is a fairly minimal Fedora Core 6 install with packages installed only as they were required. I wouldn't be surprised if 'yum groupinstall "X Windows System"' would make this work, but why should I have to install the whole kitchen sink?
* box_b does have the 'xorg-x11-xauth' package installed.
* I can ssh from box_a to box_c and "sudo virt-manager" works fine, where box_c is a more "kitchen-sink" install of Fedora Core 6 (includes a GNOME desktop and lots of packages)
* I've inspected and recreated the sudoers file on box_b, only uncommenting the line that allows people in group wheel to run all commands without a password
* "rpm -aV" returns tons of prelink errors, so it's tough to see what of the OS has been changed on disk

Other Possibly Helpful Background Information:
How to use consolehelper: http://www.linuxnovice.org/main_tips.php3?VIEW=VIEW&t_id=127
consolehelper & sudo 1: http://lists.linuxcoding.com/rhl/2004/msg03759.html
consolehelper & sudo 2: http://lists.linuxcoding.com/rhl/2004/msg03576.html

--