Re: Feedback please

On 4/21/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 20:59 -0400, Guillermo Garron wrote:
> Withouth wanting to start a fight, I may think this distro is even
> more secure for not having root user, (actually it has, but has no
> password so you can not use it, unless you run
> sudo passwd root
> and put a password)
> because the hacker need to guess your username and your password to
> gain access to the server, not only the password.

Though, if it's not possible for a remote user to log in as root, the
point is moot.  You can decide who's allowed to log in remotely (the
username that they first use as they log in, after that they can su to
anyone else).

Yes you are right in any other distro, you can disable root ssh login,
and in that case you in the same position as Ubuntu.

I even wrote about it:
http://www.go2linux.org/node/42

Anyway you are right it is moot. :)

--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."