Re: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

On 19/04/07, Scott van Looy <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Today Dotan Cohen did spake thusly:

> On 19/04/07, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> No cancel button. I even have a screenshot of it doing that to _me_
>> once: about a week before I moved over to Linux for good. I'll gladly
>> send you the screenshot. It's in Hebrew, but you can clearly see there
>> is no Cancel button. And I find it hard to believe that Windows in
>> English has a cancel button when Hebrew does not.
>>

> Here is one:
> http://dotancohen.com/windowssucks.png
> translation: Your computer update is almost finished. In order to
> activate this update your computer must be restarted. Windows will
> automatically restart your computer in 3:56 minutes.
> Note that the "Restart Later" button is greyed out and unclickable.
>
> And another:
> http://dotancohen.com/ihatewindows.png
> translation: Windows downloaded and installed an important security
> update that will help protect your computer. This update requires an
> automatic restart of your computer.
>
> About a week after these, I was already using Fedora for everything
> but photo organizing. It took me another year to discover F-Spot and
> recycle the Windows partition.

OK, you weren't running as a user with administrative privs

Oh, I didn't realize that I was supposed to be an admin in regular
use. Apparently my professor didn't realize that either. How dumb we
are.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/57/barenaked_ladies.html
http://network-cartoon.com