Re: Claws-Mail: a fantastic mail client

Hello Marco,

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:15:54 +0200 "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 09:34:58 AM +0200, wwp (subscript@xxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > > What about:
> > >
> > > 1) "hooks" functionality (automatically change config options (From,
> > >     Reply-To, Signature, folder to which messages are saved, everything
> > >     else...) when entering a certain folder or sending mail with a
> > >     certain "From" address
> >
> > This can be done by editing the account properties - you're not limited
> > to one account.
>
> OK. I also see that Alan said in another reply:
>
> >From/Reply-To/Signature/Headers are per account settings so you can
> >do that.
>
> Now, once I have defined an account, can claws-mail associate it
> automatically to a folder or to any address in the address book? So
> that, for example:
>
>   if I reply to a message or compose a new one while I am inside a
>   list folder the client uses the "Mailing Lists" account
>
>   whenever I compose a message to "Daddy" claws-mail loads the
>   "Family" account?
>
>   whenever some unknown person send me a message to my "work" address
>   and I reply to him, claws-mail automatically loads the "work"
>   account settings?

For now it's not possible to attach some editing preferences to a
contact from address book (I personally workaround this by using
compose/reply/fwd templates with calls to external scripts), but in each
folder prefs, you can set the account to use there.

> > > 2) macros
> >
> > No macros meaning that you cannot macro-ify GUI interactions, but Claws
> > Mail has user actions, filtering and processing rules as well as
> > templates for editing.
>
> Fine, but can these actions and rules be concatenated and associated
> to specific keys? Like "send all the selected messages to
> some-script.sh AND then delete them or move them to some folder" with
> one keystroke?

Not that way. Following you precise needs, that could be done w/
folder's processing rules, but I afraid this won't cover all your needs.

There's maybe a way to cheat anyway.. you can create an action that
invokes a filtering rule w/ the selected messagtes. Set that filtering
rule to do all what you need (call the script, delete or move), and
make that rule associated to a specific dummy account that would not be
used at incorporation or for composing.

Regards,

--
wwp