Re: Time Lapse with a Webcam

Check this out:
http://dvd-slideshow.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page

Nice little project that works similar to Window Movie Maker.
-B

Joe Desbonnet wrote:
Utilities that take a list of JPEG files and convert to movie files
are surprisingly scarce, and the few that are out there need to have
the file names in a particular format.

So I wrote my own script which takes a directory of JPEG files and
makes a AVI. It uses a combination of Java + Java Media Framework
extension to make an initial AVI file with low compression and then
mencoder to really compress it using MPEG4 algorithms. It's not in any
shape to release as a polished "product" but I can email it to you. To
see output go to http://www.galway.net/about/webcam/ (time lapse of
Galway Ireland Harbour).

Joe.