Time Lapse with a Webcam

I'm getting ready to begin a deck project in the back yard this
weekend and I thought it would be cool to take some time lapse
pictures with my webcam during the build process.

It there any utilities that will do this with Fedora automatically?

I'd really like it if there was some software that would then put the
pics all together into a minimovie for later playback.

Has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks.

--
-=/>Thom