Re: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

On 4/18/07, Scott van Looy <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 17 Les Mikesell did spake thusly:

> No, there are three methods known to fix windows problems and you always try
> them in this order: (1) reboot, (2), reinstall windows, (3) reformat.

Possibly 9,000,000 years ago, unsurprisingly things have changed somewhat
since.

IF it's not booting, insert CD, go to recovery console, log on, type
"fixmbr"

For other issues:

1) reboot
2) last known good
3) safe mode (if it runs in safe mode, try rebooting, sometimes that's
enough to fix things, sometimes not). Fix the issue there
4) insert Windows CD and let it automatically find and repair windows by
going through the install wizard until you reach the bit where it finds
your old copy of windows and can reinstall
5) IF it won't run or won't reinstall correctly, then and ONLY then,
reinstall

It's easier to fix windows without reinstalling than it is to fix fedora
;)

You must have a different version than I do. But really, this
discussion is somewhat silly.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud