Re: Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 20:04 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Who decided to give video ogg vorbis filenames same extension as
> audio ogg vorbis files? That feels totally wrong to me. That will
> confuse a lot of people.

And (confuse) applications.

I think it's a bad idea, too.  There's a lot of things which go by the
name alone, and that makes it harder to do two different actions for
what seems like the same file type.

My system was set up to use XMMS to play ogg files, but it only handles
audio (with the set up that I have for it).  I had to manually change
the open-with options for ogg video to be something else.  And it's a
fair bet that at some stage it'll open the ogg-audio files, instead of
my preferred XMMS application, and I'll have to do more fiddling.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.