Re: Can't recognize Ext2 CDs

Deboo ^ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a couple of CDs which were written on a linux machine a few
> months or an year ago.
>
> I wish to access them and copy the reqd. data on another CDs but am
> unable to do so. Is it possible somehow to access the ext2 partition
> CDs on Windows?
>
> I tried using some tools that read ext2 partitions in windows but they
> can't recognize the CDs since windows doesn't recognize them.
>
> I'm able to see the CDs fine when booting using the dsl linux. But the
> problem is the PC isn't mine where I am so I can't copy these to the
> hard disk as the hdd partitions are NTFS.
>
> Please give a solution someone.
>
> Regards,
> Deboo

Are you sure they are an ext2 CD? I would expect a CD written under
Linux to be an ISO9660 file system with Rock Ridge Interchange
Protocol added. If yo also add the Joliet extensions, then Windows
will also see the long file names.

While it is possible to burn a CD with an ext2 file system, it would
not be nearly as easy as burning one with an ISO9660 file system...

Mikkel