network bug or feature in FC6 installer

I'm installing FC6 on my 2nd computer and I'm running into the same bug I
did when I installed it on my primary computer (but somehow I got away
with).

During install, at network configuration I want to give eth0 a static IP
rather than DHCP. So I choose 192.168.1.20, as the ipv4 address. I leave
the IPv6 entry blank, as I have no idea what to enter there. Of course,
the installer won't let me continue, so I'm forced to choose dhcp.

Next, with dhcp, at package selection, I want to enable the extras
repository, it prompts me again for network configuration, sends the dhcp
request and it crashes (some unhandled error, please save it on floppy; I
would if I had a floppy).

Did anybody else have these problems? Any workaround? Has it been fixed
in f7?

As a feature request, if the installer insists on ipv6 addresses, can
there be an ipv6 calculator be integrated into the installer that would
automatically fill in the ipv6 address based on the ipv4 address? Am I
the only one out there who can't do ipv4->ipv6 in his head?