root disk moves from PATA to SATA

I'm running FC6 on an AthlonXP system. I am planning to upgrade the hardware to an Athlon 64 Dual Core. The new motherboard has SATA connectors for the hard-drives (also has a PATA connector but that will be used for the DVD writer).

I am planning to keep the existing PATA hard-drive and not reinstall FC6 (I will upgrade to FC7 when it comes out), but instead I'll use a SATA-PATA adapter between drive and mobo. The problem, of course, is that PATA is /dev/hda while SATA will be /dev/sda

I think /etc/fstab is fine and doesn't need any update, as long as it's using disk labels.

But how about grub.conf? Do I need to change (hd0,0) to something else? I see it's using labels for pretty much everything else.

I can't think of anything else to change besides fstab and grub.conf. This is a straight install, no LVM, no RAID.
Anyone else did this kind of change before me? Any horror stories?

P.S.: I've also a partition with Windows XP on that drive. I have no idea if it will keep working after the move. Someone suggested to uninstall all the drivers for the hardware that will go away, before I turn off XP for the last time. I remember doing similar voodoo many years ago, on Win95/98/ME and it seemed like a good idea.
I guess I can always reinstall XP if it breaks. :-)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/