Re: NetworkManager ipw3945 resume problem

On 4/13/07, Patrick <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

If I resume my laptop with up-to-date FC6 while it was on a WiFi link
using ipw3945 from boot than the WiFi link does not come back properly.
It tries to reestablish the connection and actually succeeds for a few
seconds (5 bars strength). Then all bars turn grey, a popup says the
link was lost and NetworkManager tries to setup the link again. It
continues to fail. If I select the wired link, suspend and resume and
then switch to the WiFi link then all works fine. Anyone seen this
before? Any hints, tips how to fix this?

Yes, I think we all see that.  Solution for me is to run this after waking up

sudo /sbin/service NetworkManager restart

(or just be root and don't use the sudo)

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science