Lost right-click access to Nautilus delete, cut, copy

For an undetermined period of time, the delete, move to trash, cut,
copy, paste, rename, make link, and open in new window options usually
accessible from a right-click in Nautilus have been lost to me.
They're just grayed out.  I'm unable to find any preference switches
that could have caused this.  Has anyone else ever encountered this
problem?

Thanks for any help,

       Jorge
--