Re: changing host name

linuxmaillists:
Set external hostname here

/etc/sysconfig/network

Set internal hostname here

/etc/hosts

huh? There are EXternal and INternal hostnames?

Can someone explain this? Or, is there some web resource that explains it?

I set the external hostname with the gui app (system - admin - network).

They don't have to be the same name, do they? I'm curious about this
because my dsl 4-port router sees only 1 machine (a Windows machine,
which I named). I named the other 3 boxes (all linux, with FC6), and the
router doesn't list them in DHCP Client Status. I don't know if there's
a connection. (Btw, 1 of my linux units has a static lan IP - for SSH.)