RE: Alternatives to du

6 hours on a raid 5? for only 350 GB?  either your disks have HEAVY Io to begin with or you may want to check to be sure they aren't degraded.

:(

As for other tools, I've never run into this situation sory. :(

From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark Haney [mhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:14 AM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Alternatives to du

I have a need to determine the amount of space used in a particular
folder, but don't really want to use du because of the beating my RAID
array takes.  (Usually 6 hours or so on a RAID 5 for a folder with about
350GB of data)  Are there any other similar tools out there that don't
require smacking around my hard drives to get the data and don't take
hours to run?

--
Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Mark Haney