Re: Restarting an Ethernet modem (ADSL) with software

On 4/9/07, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there some way of restarting an Ethernet modem (ADSL) with
> software, i.e., without switching it off and then on by hardware?

This is a bit off topic for this forum (unless the modem is running Fedora).

It would have been a good idea to have told us what the model and the firmware
of the modem is. Then someone might have been able to give you a definitive
answer. As it is, all we can say is maybe.

I have a couple of adsl modems I am not using right now. One I can telnet
into, but I don't specifically remember being able to reboot it from
the command line. The other one has a web interface, and I think changing
certain settings will force a reboot. If the problem you are trying to fix
is that the modem is hung, you might not be able to issues the commands
(if any) to get it to reboot.

Thanks, Bruno. I followed your hints and now I can reboot the modem
from its web interface.

Paul