Dual DNS entries (was no subject)

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: (no subject)
From: "Gareth Howlett" <gareth.howlett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/09/2007 01:04 PM

I have an odd question about updating a DNS server with an FC4 machine's
entry...

I have two NICs on the same box and I want each of them to respond to
different hostnames... EG: NIC1 = 1.abc.com, NIC2= 2.abc.com... Is there
a way of doing this with the default FC4-style install (besides the
obvious cron script using nsupdate)?

- Gareth

I am not sure I understand the question. If I am hearing you right, you have one box with two IP addresses. You have another box (maybe) that is running a DNS. You want to have two DNS names that point the same box but are specific to the interfaces. Is this right?

If so, just create two "A" records. Each one will have its own name and will reference the specific IP addresses you are wanting them to associate with.

This seems a little too easy... am I missing something?