Re: Kernel module 'thermal'

Anne Wilson wrote:

It's not worth updating the bios, I think. I'll be upgrading the whole box in a few weeks. Funny, or not so funny, in that I left Asus boards after several years of using them, because I couldn't get lm-sensors to work with the last Asus board I bought. I thought Abit would be reliable.

Sounds like it is your BIOS as you say. But one note about lm_sensors, it gets raw uncalibrated measurements from whatever temperature sensors you have and proceeds to apply one of a variety of ugly fudge factors to try to make some of them which are decidedly nonlinear over temperature approximate linearity. But there isn't much to calibrate your fudge factor to any kind of reality.

It seems a reasonable bet that if your BIOS exposes any opinion about the temperature of its sensors, that is probably more reliable in general than lm_sensors.

-Andy