Re: Partition of /boot of FC System

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 23:34:52 +0800,
  edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
> So, how about the example ?

Here is some help from the redhat knowledge base:
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_79_4256.shtm

> >>2, Sorry, don't quite understanding your means...
> >>

> >The short answer is that raid 1 is the only kind of raid you can use for
> >/boot .
> >

> Do you means raid 1 level ( mirror ) or raid device 0 ?

Mirrors. As individual mirror elements can be read without knowing about
raid (when using linux software raid, propietary software raid may or may
not work depending how the array information is stored).

Other types of raid can work if no help from the grub is needed. I believe
that most of the mixed hardware/software raid controllers will have this
limitation and that most of the pure hardware raid controllers won't.