Re: Help

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 20:48 +0100, JJJIOM wrote:
> I installed Linux Fedora 6 on my computer as the only operating
> system. I have noted the following problems:
>
>       * Evolution Disappeared
>
> Evolution was used for my email I was sending and receiving email.
> After shutting down, when I tried to use it I received the following
> message:
>
> Email-mail client evolution does not exit. Please reconfigure.

"Exit" or "exist"?

I can't imagine how it would just disappear, though.

> How does Linux read a Windows CD's?

Same as any other data CD.  You put it in, by default it'll try and
mount and browse the contents, if it can.  That doesn't mean that you
can make much use of Windows-specific files, though.

>         After loading Linux as the only operating system and having
>         two disks, I tried loading Linux on one and Vista on the
>         other. Vista doesn't recognize the Linux disk. When the
>         computer is started with the disk with Linux on it, the above
>         message appears.

Windows can't read Linux partitions.  It doesn't know anything about
them, and presumes that such unreadable partitions have problems.  If
it's just a warning, you can ignore it.  You can add drivers to Windows
that let you read Linux ext3 partitions, if you want to.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.