Re: Raid card for FC6

Hans M?ler wrote:
edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx schrieb:

Ed Greshko wrote:

edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Brian Porter wrote:

edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Dear All,

Which type of RAID Card is compatible with FC6 ?

Edward.

The 3ware cards have had good Linux support for a while. I'm very
happy with a 7506 4-port IDE card in my MythTV BE. Smartctl works very
well with the 3ware cards too.

Would you mind to give me your model and the link ?
Does it support S-ATA also ?

He gave you the model and the make.

But, why not just go to http://www.3ware.com and research for yourself?  Or
go to http://www.promise.com/ .

Both companies make SATA RAID controllers that are supported under Linux.

Hello,

which model of FastTrak which support Linux ( FC6 System ) under
http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productID=136&category=compatibility&os=100
?

Edward.

You must take very care with Promise, because near all controller from it are softcontroller.

Hello,

Would you mind to recommend a type / model of it ?

Edward.