Re: Gnome - Terminal Maximise Problem

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 23:59 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 09:13 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > I would increase the terminal size by typing ctrl-+ which
> > will allow you to increase its size in steps instead of taking up the
> > whole screen. Reduce size by typing ctrl - '-'.
>
> Neat trick, but that increases the font sizing at the same time.  You
> lose the main advantage of a bigger window - being able to see more text
> within the window.
That is true. To increase the size in your sense you just grab a corner
with your cursor and pull. Maximizing a window so it takes up the whole
screen has the problem of not leaving space for any other window on the
desktop, which to me makes this action pretty unusable
Ships are safe in harbor, but they were never meant to stay there.