Re: Fedora 7 - RPM Build Nvidia 9755

On Saturday 07 April 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
>On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 10:26 -0700, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
>> The Livna mailing list threads that you referenced show a completely
>> different failure than what was originally reported in this thread.
>> And just because there are SELinux problems with the Livna NVIDIA
>> driver RPMs doesn't mean that the same problem exists in the official
>> NVIDIA driver packages.
>
>I have to concur with Lonni. I was having all kinds of libGL problems
>which were fixed by switching to the "official" nVidia driver. I'm no
>hardware guru, by any stretch of the imagination, but my problem is
>fixed. Ric

I have to agree with Ric here. I never did get dkmk or whatever its called
to work even though I did ask for directions here, so I've been doing the
official nvidia way, from their latest linux 9755 build.  No detectable
errors, none, nada, it just works.  What it is, is a PITA to have to do
it everytime I boot a different kernel, which may be 5 or 6 times a day.
But that's my choice as I play the role of the canary.  As for fighting
with selinux, nope, disabled, end of discussion.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)