Re: core7 nvidia

Olle Mårtensson escribío:
> Hi
>
> I've just installed the development version 3 of fedora. I'm very
> impressed with the artwork in this soon to come release. Some
> polishing with the installation interface has been done, and the
> result is great. I haven't run into any serious bugs yet but I hope to
> help catching by running this beta at home. I haven't been successful
> in installing nvidia drivers although the installation  program runs
> fine( it compiles the driver module ). This is how the installation
> went down:
>
> * init 3
> * sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9755-pkg1
> .run
> * compiles the module against kernel source just fine
> * changes xorg.conf by adding "load xgl" and by changing the video
> driver from "nv" to "nvidia"
>
> After this steps I ran modprobe nvidia, it loads and lsmod | grep
> nvidia confirms it. I smiled a bit over the relative easiness of
> installing nvidia drivers these days and fired off init 5. As I stated
> above it doesn't work and the error message is:
>
> (II) LoadModule: "glx"
> (WW) Warning, couldn't open module glx
> (II) UnloadModule: "glx"
> (EE) Failed to load module "glx" (module does not exist, 0)
> (II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
> (WW) Warning, couldn't open module nvidia
> (II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
> (EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module does not exist, 0)
>
> Maybe this can be a selinux issue? Anyway help is appreciated.

do you have ?:

[bpm]$ ls -l /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Mar  8 11:37
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so -> libglx.so.1.0.9755

If you do, then sounds like selinux.

--
Brian Millett - [ Delenn, "In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum"]
"There are beings in the universe billions of years older than either