Re: FC6 install failure Intel DG965WH motherboard

Bob Hartung wrote:
Hi all,
I am trying to install FC6 (the re-spin DVD) onto a new Intel DG965WH motherboard with 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz memory and a 400 GB SATA HD. The machine boots and the install starts but when it reaches OHCI1394 the machine automagically reboots. This is an endless cycle. Does anyone have any ideas? I have installed from this DVD previously so that is probably not a problem.

Thanks,

Bob

OCHI1394 - thats the firewire module right?
You could try disabling firewire in the bios (is there such an option?)
or unplug any hardware related to firewire? (expansion cards etc)

Is there anything plugged into the firewire port? Try unplugging it?

Just a guess.

It could of course also be whatever is loaded AFTER ohci1394...whatever that might be.

Marcel

---
Why, no . . . Have *you* ever snorted laser toner?