Re: FC6: Where is ip_conntrack_ftp being loaded from?

John DeDourek wrote:
Eric Wood wrote:
lsmod tells me that ip_conntrack_ftp is loaded but I want to understand how it got loaded. It was not defined in these files:
/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config
/etc/rc.d/*
/etc/modprobe.conf

Is this particular module loaded by the kernel so some other special way?
thanks,
-eric wood

Coincidence. I just had to turn this on on one of my file-servers yesterday :D

Check in "/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config", there should be a line with IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp"
or
IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_nat_ftp"
The latter will load the former, you can also use the first one by itself if you don't need NAT :)
I'm guessing your iptables must be loading the ip_nat_ftp module then...

Hope that helps,

Marcel

---
Before truth there was speculation