Re: yum-presto - fast updates for Fedora 7

Kam Leo wrote:

Good in theory, not so stellar in practice. Delta rpms use less
bandwidth (good for those on slow connections) but require more
processor horsepower (Yast online updater is the metric I'm using for
reference). On my old system which has an AMD K6-2 450 MHz it takes
much longer to update using openSUSE 10.2's Yast. I hope FC7's
implementation is better.

You would have to test and report back rather than hope. Yum-presto 0.3.4 uses parallel threads for building the full update from the delta's.

Raul