Re: smart gone wild

On Wed April 4 2007 12:00:16 pm Ric Moore wrote:
> Ah, but I do... that was the point. As mentioned atrpms
> doesn't even carry OOo just it's mirror and I couldn't get
> smart to go to another mirror for some strange reason,

I'm not sure what you're saying. If you want to have mirrors in
smart, you can set that up. Read the smart faq for instructions.
The atrpms server has the atrpms repo - separately, on the same
server, it has a mirror of the fedora repos - those are two
separate repos in separate directories on the same server which
is not the same as your statement above "atrpms doesn't even
carry OOo just it's mirror" - maybe you knew all this, but, just
to make sure...

In smart if you go to the Edit/mirrors dialog, there's where you
can enter mirrors - it's a bit tricky, mostly in ensuring you
pick the correct URL, but, if you spend a few minutes, it's
pretty easy to figure out.

Could it be that you have both fedora redhat and atrpm fedora
mirror sites configured in channels? That would certainly cause
you some grief.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA