Re: Could not connect to gmail in fedora 6? and Could not run YUM

Steve Searle wrote:

> I am not aware on any limit on the number of separate posts that a
> listee can post here, and even if there were then two does not seem
> excessive.

There isn't.  And, I don't think Kam was suggesting otherwise.  I believe he
was simply pointing out that the posts were essentially duplicates and that
doing so turns out producing multiple threads and causes confusion.

I think this happens, duplicate questions that is, is because the Red Hat
email servers use a "delay" mechanism to assist in rejecting spam.  I
believe their servers are set to 15 or 30 minutes.  But, whatever the time
is, a poster doesn't see their post in some time and thus resend it...and
probably retyping the whole thing.

Yes, the OP should continue to ask questions.  But, should wait until folks
have had a chance to read/digest/answer.  And if one does not get an answer
in several days (not hours....especially on the weekend or during the
Superbowl, World Cup, etc.) before asking again.

That's what I think Kam was suggesting.