Re: Could not connect to gmail in fedora 6? and Could not run YUM

At 1:05 PM -0700 4/3/07, frank wang wrote:
>On 4/3/07, frank wang <yixiaodafang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Sounds like networking isn't working on the fedora 6 machine at all.
>> > Assuming it has a network card, do you have the same network selected
>> > (e.g. bridged, nat, etc.) for the properties of that guest?

>> Hi, John,
>>
>> Yes. The network seems working fine since I can visit www.google.com
>> and browsing the web. But I could not visit www.gmail.com.
>>
>> I do not know what is wrong.

>Both fedora 5 and fedora 6 have the same /etc/resolv.conf. Fedora 5
>can connect to gmail, but not fedora 6.

Sounds as if it might be the TCP Window Size issue, where some routers
don't properly handle it and thus some sites are not usable even if they
can be pinged.  Searching the list suggests this command:

    sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0