Re: How to install fedora using ISO images on another machine

On 3/30/07, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:09:23 -0400
Doctor Who <whodoctor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Assuming I have a directory like this with the ISOs, what do I do
> during install to point to these remote images as the install source?

Set the ISO's up in a NFS share on the remote machine and make sure that the
proposed address for the new machine has access to that NFS share. Burn the
boot.iso image that's on Fedora CD 1 to a CD, boot from that CD and tell it
that you want to install from a NFS share when it asks you where to find the
files.

That's all there is to it.

Thanks.  Do the ISO names have to be specific?  I assume the install
is looking for particular ISO names?

Thanks.