Re: Double summer time?

Tim wrote:

>>> You would use UTC=YES on a Linux-only machine, and UTC=NO
>>> on a dualboot (Linux/Windows) machine.
>
>> If that is a correct answer, then this simply confirms my view
>> that this is a silly question to ask during installation.
>
> When else should it ask that question?

If the answer is correct,
there is absolutely no reason to ask the question.
If it has to ask a question, it should be:
"Are you using Linux only, or are you also going to run Windows
on this machine?"
But in fact there is no need to ask this question at all,
since it is asked anyway when setting up the partitions.

>> How is the user meant to determine the answer to the question?
>
> A user installing an OS is supposed to know what they're doing.  Those
> dual-booting, even more so.  If they don't, they should find out.

In my view the installation should be as simple as possible.
It is not meant to be an intelligence test.

I think the Fedora installation is pretty poor anyway,
and asking silly questions just makes it worse.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366