Re: remove evolution-data-server question

linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Telling yumex to remove evolution-data-server it wants to remove all these other files. some of these files appear to be a problem if they are removed. Why is evolution-data-server needed if I am not using Gnome or Evolution. What problems will I cause by removing evolution-data-server?

This is the package description from yum info evolution-data-server. It has a dependency on gnome-panel and hence cannot be removed if you are using GNOME.

"The evolution-data-server package provides a unified backend for programs that work with contacts, tasks, and calendar information.

It was originally developed for Evolution (hence the name), but is now used by other packages"

Rahul