Automount iPod Woes

I have a fresh install of Fedora 7 on my Vaio (actual install not from
LiveCD) and when I plug in my iPod or PSP they do not auto mount; but
I am able to manually mount them.  Seeing as though I am a new Fedora
convert (came from Gentoo) I do not know (and could not find any
documentation) if Fedora has a unique tool or whether it just uses
hald, dbus, and gnome-vfs to do the automounting.  Can somebody please
shed some light on this.

R/S --
Derek Tracy
tracyde@xxxxxxxxx