Re: Fedora Core 6 DVD

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 15:01 -0700, Andy Tang wrote:
> I downloaded the Fedora Core 6 (Zod) DVD Image and burn an DVD from
> TorrentBit
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents/Zod-dvd-i386.torrent
> Next, I tried to install that on a HP d530 x86 machine using the first
> Option (by the Graphic Install) and the installation failed at the
> point after prompting for Office and Productivity, Software
> Development, Fedora Extras.
>
> When I hit Next after picking Office and Productivity, Software
> Development and Fedora Extras, the install failed and prompted with an
> error:
>
> An error occurred unmounting the CD.  Please make sure you're not
> accessing /mnt/source from the shell on tty2 and then click OK to
> retry.
>
> I hit OK a few times but the error did not go away.
>
> I have no idea of the meaning of the above error since I am using the
> console to install the software and nothing else is accessing via
> whatever tty2 here.  So what should I do?

Andy,

Leave "Fedora Extras" alone until later. This choice causes FC6 install
to crash on me too, but on an x86_64 system. My most successful
installation method is to put the DVD ISO image on a second internal
hard drive and boot with CD1 or the DVD. At the linux: prompt type
"linux askmethod" and then choose "Hard Drive" as the source. The ISO
image will probably be located on /dev/hdb1 or similar drive/partition.
Give it the path to the ISO image on that drive and you should be off
and running. Just make sure you don't tell anaconda to reformat that
drive/partition during installation.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL