audio weirdness

I recently installed the remi firefox2 on my FC4 machine, It works
better then the old firefox in many respoect but one thing is
frusatrating me.

If I go to to www.npr.org I can play the program stream which plays with
mplayer. But if I try to play one of the npr program audio streams
mplayer opens and processes the audio input but no continuous sound
comes out. Just instants of sound from time to time. Other radio music
stations play but not npr.

I really want to play the audio stream with realplay but when I feed the
strea, of realplay it complains of a missing audio type,
Any ideas.
"I am your density." -- George McFly in "Back to the Future"